How to Choose the Right IT Support for My Business?
As a business owner, you know that partnering with the right IT company can make all the difference when it comes to the success of your business. However, with so many options available you may be asking how to choose the right IT support for my business? If you’re not sure what this is, check out what Gartner has to say. Here are a few tips to help you make an informed decision:
Tips to Follow
Determine Your Needs:
Take time to assess your business’s specific needs. Without this, it will be difficult to determine which managed service provider will best fit your company.
- Do you have IT people on Staff? If so, consider making response times, and ticketing systems a priority.
- Do you need help with cybersecurity? If so, ask how they approach cybersecurity.
- What is the goal? For most companies it’s simple: they want to spend less time on IT, and more on running their business.
Delivering Managed Services:
Select a company who knows how deliver results.
- How do they determine pricing?
- What’s included in the offering?
- What is not included (ie, are there any hidden fees)?
Look for Experience:
It’s important to find an IT company with a proven track record of success.
Look for a company with at least 20 years in IT managed services. Also, it can also be difficult to get the best possible support through smaller service providers. Look for a company with at least 30 employees, most of which should be support personnel.
Consider the Company’s Reputation:
A company who has not been in business for long won’t have any reputation. Look for longevity – you want to work with someone who will be around as long as you.
It’s important to find an IT company that is responsive and communicative. Look for a company that is willing to listen to your needs and address your concerns in a timely manner.
While cost shouldn’t be the only factor in your decision, it’s important to find a solution with value
that matches the price.
- Understand that the lower the cost, the lower the quality of service – Don’t be afraid to invest more for a better solution.
- For a fully managed offering, budget for at least $150 per employee (/month).
- Carefully review the terms of their services to ensure you are getting a fair price.
By following these tips, you can find an IT company that is the right fit for your business and your needs. With the right partner, you can feel confident that your business is well-equipped to navigate the ever-changing world of technology.
Use our Contact Us Page, or search for IT Services in Michigan. Or, learn about the History of IT Support, and How to Think About IT Support Pricing.